Next shipping day is Friday December 1
Miraphone 481 Elektra 5V Rotary F Tuba Custom Model
This is a custom Miraphone Elektra F tuba we had built with some extra features of interest to the veteran player. The bell is gold brass to add warmth and breadth to the sound and the main slide trigger is operated by the left hand. This was you get a nimble 5 valve tuba that does everything the 6 valve model will do, actually more, since since you can tune any note at any time.
Other features of interest:
- triple bore conical valve section allows the proper taper through the instrument
- fifth rotor, being the largest bore because it's used for low notes, is located at the bottom of the stack.
- gold brass leadpipe adds warmth and resists corrosion
Model 481B "Elektra"
- bell diameter 420 mm (16,535 inch)
- 443 Hz
- with lyre holder
- with strap ring
- 5 rotary valves
- bore of valve section conical 19,6 - 21,2 mm (0,772 - 0,835 inch)
- spiral spring system
- vented valves for pressure compensation
- 5th valve at the end of the valve section
- mouthpiece TU28
- body in yellow brass, bell in gold brass
- main slide tuning trigger
More from this collection